1,5 CPD Hours
Knowledge of the anatomy of the root canal system is the main prerequisite for proper endodontic management of each case. The increased use of magnification and illumination during root canal procedure are the main reasons that led to the increased detection rates of the second Mesio-Buccal (MB2) and the Mesio-Mesial (MM) root canals of the first of maxillary and mandibular permanent molars respectively, during the last two decades. Based on the literature review, these percentages will be analyzed and individual factors that determine the variation in the formation of these percentages, such as age and the previous dental operations to which the specific tooth has been subjected. Within the limitations of this webinar, graphs, radiographs, digital photos and videos from clinical cases via a surgical microscope are to be used in order to describe modern techniques and methodologies for the location and management of MB2 and MM root canals.
1. Literature review regarding the incidence of MB2 and MM root canals in maxillary and mandibular first permanent molars respectively.
2. Pre and post-operative evaluation of the presence of MB2 and MM root canals.
3. The use of dental Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) to determine the presence of MB2 and MM root canals.
4. The importance of magnification and illumination for locating the orifices of MB2 and MM root canals.
5. Do age, previous dental procedures and other factors affect the frequency of the presence of MB2 and MM root canals?
6. Techniques and equipment for locating the orifices of MB2 and MM root canals.
7. Preparation of narrow MB2 and MM root canals.
8. The clinical consequences from a missed, non-treated and obturated MB2 and MM root canal.
These are some of the main topics of the webinar
The webinar is part of the educational topic “Modern Clinical Endodontic Concepts”
Certificate of Attendance
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar, participants will be awarded with 1.5 Certified CPD credit hours. To receive a certificate you need to participate in at least 80% of the live broadcast of the webinar.